Sol Kadhi is a Konkan recipe. It is an appetising and digestive drink made from Kokum and coconut milk. Kokum is a dried fruit found mostly in Goa and Maharashtra. Kokum contains a lot many healing properties and hence is also called Soul Kadhi.
- 10 to 12 kokum
- 1/2 fresh grated coconut
- 1 to 11/4 cup water ( as required)
- 4 green chillies (adjust as per spice required)
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida or a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish.
- Soak the kokum in 1/4 cup very hot water and keep aside. Let it cool completely. This will give the perfect pink colour to the kokum water.
- In the meantime grind grated coconut , garlic, chillies adding a little water. Pass it through a strainer and extract the coconut milk. Repear same procedure twice. Add this coconut milk to the cooled kokum water.
- The kokum water should be at room temp. (If you add coconut milk to hot kokum water it wil split). Adjust the coconut milk to the desired thickness of the kadhi.
- Add salt and asafoetida and stir well. Garnish with coriander leaves. Remove the kokum pieces after a while if not it’ll become very sour if kept for long.
- Kokum when kept at room temperature tends to lose colour over a period of time. Store fresh kokum in an air tight freezer safe container in the deep freeze. The colour of kokum will stay intact.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG