Palak pulao is a delicious rice loaded with the goodness of spinach. Loaded with multi vitamins, we must include palak/ soinach on a regular basis in our diet. This recipe is quick and easy to make and tasty at the same time.
- 1 cup long grained rice
- Approximately 20 tender leaves of palak (spinach)
- 5 to 6 sprigs coriander leaves
- 4 to 5 cloves of garlic
- 5 to 6 green chillies ( adjust to spice required)
- 1 medium onion very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp caraway seeds or cumin seeds
- 2 piece of cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Wash rice at least three times to let go the excess starch. Soak in water for 10 minutes and drain the water.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp lime juice over the rice, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat water in a deep vessel till it boils, blanch the spinach leaves for 2 minutes. Remove the leaves, dip them in cold water. Drain the water. Grind the spinach leaves, green chillies, coriander leaves, garlic to a smooth paste and keep covered.
- Heat oil in a deep non stick/ceramic pan. Add bayleaf, cinnamon, cloves and cumin seeds. When they crackle add onions and saute till brown.
- Add spinach puree and saute well. Add rice , saute well till the rice is well coated , then add hot water just enough to cook the rice. Add salt and garam masala and stir.
- Cover and cook till done.
- Serve hot with raita or chutney of your choice
- Choose bunch of spinach with small tender leaves rather than large ones.
- Adding lime juice to the rice gives a firm texture to the rice.
- You can grind raw spinach also but it gives a rough texture to the paste.
- Browned onions give a very nice flavour to the pulav.
- 20 leaves of mint leaves
- 4 sprigs of coriander leaves
- 2 to 3 green chillies ( as per choice)
- 10 tbsp of thick curds
- Salt to taste
- Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves, Green chillies, salt to a smooth paste.
- Add curds and blend well. Mint chutney is ready to be served.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG