Beetroots contain a lot of valuable nutrients and support detoxification. It’s very healthy and should be included in our diet on a regular basis.
- 2 medium sized Beet cooked, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped ( optional but it adds crunch to the raita)
- 1/2 cup whisked yoghurt
- 1 green chilly chopped
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste(beet has its own sugar content so you’ll require very less sugar)
- Finely chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
- Wash the beet , cut off the edges. Slice the beet into half and keep it with cut side up in a small container with just a little water to prevent it from drying and pressure cook it till pressure is released once only as the beet has to be crunchy. Switch off the flame.
- Once steam is released, take the beet out and peel it. Grate the beet and transfer it into a mixing bowl , add chopped onion,chopped chilli, salt, sugar, whisked yoghurt and coriander leaves.
- Serve either chilled or at room temperature with chapatis or dal rice or pulav / biryani.
- Add sugar only if the curds is tarter than you like.
- Not everyone likes the earthy smell of raw beet hence its usually cooked. Also the skin of raw beet is hard to peel ,when cooked its easier to peel.
- You can also season this raita with chopped green chilly, cumin seeds , a pinch of turmeric and a pinch of asafoetida in 1 tsp of ghee.
- Pour it over the raita , mix well, and serve chilled.
VARIATION TO THE RECIPE:
- Squeeze lime juice over grated beet and season it with cumin seeds and green chillies in 2 tsp of ghee . Add salt and sprinkle roasted and coarsely ground peanuts over it. Crunchy beetroot salad is ready to be served.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG